Some Sellers and Buyers have a misconception, that Christmas time is not the best time of the year for selling your home or choosing your dream home.
It is quite on the contrary: Listing homes at Christmas-New Year time is one of the best times and it has lots of obvious advantages.
1) There are fewer homes listed, it means ,that yours will stand out and you will have less competition and more money in your pocket
2) The Buyers, who shop during holiday times tend to be more serious and more motivated, they have more time to look at homes
3) All the family and all decision-makers are together
4) At Christmas time your house is much better lit and decorated and attracts more attention
There are some simple tips how to make your house pop up and look better and cozier at Christmas Time.
-Start decorations and creating the Christmas feel from the front door: lights, Christmas ornaments, a beautiful wreath on the door.
- Remove extra furniture clutter to give your entrance a more functional, welcoming and pleasant feel.
- Place a mirror or a piece of furniture with reflective properties in the front hall to brighten things up they will create additional cozy atmosphere and distract attention of the Buyers from some unnecessary elements and less clean surfaces in your home
- Create a visual flow when decorating your home for Christmas showings, set and follow themes, match colours to unify the areas in the house
- Decorate furniture, shelves with Christmas stockings, nice pinecones, angels and any other similar holiday objects to add a holiday feel.
- Have a focal point in the main room ( Christmas tree, fireplace, mantelpiece) .It will make your rooms look more festive and spectacular Avoid overcrowding, have only one main focal point.
- Stack all things such as remotes, books, clothes to give the appearance of a better organization, put away all the visible clutter to boxes or a laundry basket and stash them in the garage if the showing is to happen quickly and you were not ready.
- Open the windows for a brighter and cozier looking space ,if it is daytime . Low lighting makes your home cozier in the evenings and hides some imperfections.
- If you light candles, make sure they all have the same scent.
- Put on a small pot of water to simmer and fill it with cinnamon, lemon, citrus peels, nutmeg, ginger or a mix of all the above mentioned. It will fill up your house with a good smell and Christmas mood.
We are very happy to answer some questions from our customers all over Abbotsford, Mission, Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver.
Your Personal Real Estate Specialist
Oscar & Galina Demirbas
778 998 4470
This new real estate rule will definitely affect Buyers and Sellers in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and all BC.I have got lots of calls about the new rule in real estate from my past cleints.
According to the new rules, announced by the Superintendent of Real Estate all licensees are expected to give to consumers a more clear and detailed information about the fact, how comision is distributed between a listing brokerage and co-operating brokerage. In addition to this, licensees are to warn unrepresented customers,if there are any risks in dealing with a real estate agent ,representing another party for the transaction too.The practice of representing the Buyer and the Seller in the same transaction called Dual Agency will be banned since March 15, 2018.
The new rules about banning Dual Agency were created by the Superintendent for the following reasons:
- a real estate agent can not be equally loyal and objective to both clients with competing interests ( for example, a property Seller and a prospective Buyer for the property)
- a difficulty arises for a licensee to properly advise clients,he works with without disclosing their confidential information
- some licensees could put their own interest in earning the whole commison instead of acting for the best interest of the clients as it is normally expected
As a result real estate agents are not allowed to engage in linited dual agency, only extremely limited and rare circumstances can be the exclusion.
If you have any further questions ,please, dont hesitate to call Oscar : 778-998-4470
or e-mail us at: email@example.com